Short-term rental agreements are becoming increasingly popular as people look for ways to make extra income. A short-term rental agreement is a contract between a property owner and a tenant that outlines the terms and conditions for renting a property for a short period of time. This type of rental agreement is typically used for vacation rentals, temporary housing, and short-term stays.
If you are considering renting out your property for short-term stays, it is important that you have a well-written rental agreement that protects your interests. Here is an example of a short-term rental agreement that you can use as a guide when creating your own contract.
1. Parties: This section of the agreement should identify the landlord and tenant by name and address.
2. Property: In this section, you should describe the property being rented, including the address and any specific details, such as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms or the type of amenities available.
3. Term: The term section outlines the dates of the rental agreement, including the specific check-in and check-out times.
4. Rent: This section should outline the amount of rent due, the payment schedule, and any penalties for late payments.
5. Security deposit: The security deposit section should outline the amount of the deposit, how it will be held, and the conditions for its return.
6. Use of premises: This section outlines the permitted uses of the property and any restrictions or rules that tenants must follow during their stay.
7. Maintenance and repairs: This section outlines the responsibilities of both the landlord and the tenant for maintaining and repairing the property during the rental period.
8. Default: The default section outlines the consequences of any breach of the agreement by either party.
9. Governing law: This section specifies the governing law that will apply to the rental agreement.
10. Entire agreement: Finally, the entire agreement section specifies that the rental agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior agreements or understandings.
In conclusion, a short-term rental agreement is an essential document that outlines the rights and responsibilities of both the property owner and the tenant. This example of a short-term rental agreement can be used as a guide when creating your own agreement. As a landlord, it is important to protect your interests and ensure that you have a well-written agreement that covers all of the necessary details.